How can FCA serve your team?
What is a Chaplain?
Chaplains love and serve the coaching staff and players with the love of Christ…keeping the best interests of the team in mind, serving practical needs and praying for and with the team. Chaplain’s make themselves available to the coaching staff and athletes. They add value to the mission, vision and characteristics of the sports program.
What does Chapel look like?
A chapel can take many forms. For example, under the approval of the coach, a chapel is an optional time where athletes and/or coaches can discuss relevant topics about how Biblical truths relate to life and sport.
Who can serve as a Chaplain?
Anyone! They must have met with an FCA staff member and completed the necessary steps to become an offically approved FCA volunteer. That can be a staff person, a pastor, a parent, etc.
What do Chaplains do?
- Pray for and encourage athletes, coaches, their families and support staff
- Available and equipped to assist in crisis situations
- Alert the coach, administration and/or tour staff to critical issues that affect a team, program or tour
- Provide training and resources for character development and life management skills
- Coordinate and lead chapel services
- Coordinate special ministry/outreach events